Start Your Marketing for Free!
Get 25 Free Bandit Signs

Brand New eBook Available

Monday, July 13, 2009

To Tweet or not to Tweet

I was resisting Twitter for a long time. Then I began following Kristen Darkenwald's www.socialmediarescuelive.com and was finally convinced to join.

She gave away the secret to getting lots of followers without having to pay for an application. Most people will follow you if you follow them. So I decided to try it and the first day I found a well known RE guru and followed all of his followers, 289 to be exact. I now have 124 followers. I intended to go back the next day and un-follow those that did not follow me but Twitter does not make that very easy.

Faced with the unappealing tasks of comparing lists and searching one name at a time, I made a discovery. If you look at your list of those that you are following, there is a drop down menu for options next to each name. If the person is following you, you will have the option to send them a direct message. So, now I just need to go through my list and check each one and remove those that I cannot send a message to.

It is still a daunting task. If anyone knows an easier way please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment